The Moreton Bay Hotel was situated at 75 Redcliffe Parade, a few hundred metres from the Jetty. The land was originally purchased by Anna Underhill in 1897. Five years later in 1902, Ebenezar Underhill built the Hotel, a two-storey wooden building in the front with a single-storey at the rear, and he held the licence until 1907.
Various owners and licensees controlled the hotel until 1935, when the Carlton and United Brewery acquired the hotel.
In the 1950s the old building was demolished with part of it being retained and moved to the Redcliffe Showgrounds, where the Redcliffe Leagues Club used this section as club rooms.
A new Moreton Bay Hotel was built in 1959, this time in brick. It was later modernised then over the years, modernised again. It is now called The Bayview Hotel on Moreton.
The Moreton Bay Hotel during the 1960s
In 1967 when the Leagues Club moved premises, the old section of the Hotel was then bought by the Redcliffe Music and Arts Society, which was turned into their permanent home – “The Mousetrap Theatre”.
The Bayview on Moreton Hotel in 2005